Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The periscope - 2

I completed the painting and the assembly of the droid periscope. Now it's just a matter of putting some "special effect" on the inside...

I painted it all white as it should be. On the back I inserted 3 leds, but for now I do not think I will really use them. They are just there as static details.


The periscope mounted on the supports came out really nice. The top pie is still not glued in place as I need to work on the inside.

mascalx

The lenses have been printed using a transparent plastic filament. Of course they did not come out clear and transparent, but that's the effect I needed for them (3D printing a really transparent object is an almost impossible thing with FDM printers).

In the inside I will put one red led for the small rectangular lens in the bottom part and some white leds to light up the other lenses. The wires will be inserted into the legs (they are empty inside) and one will be put inside one of the small black cones to make the periscope a bit more "interesting"...

mascalx

Putting it on the dome makes a beautiful glance of the completed droid!

No comments:

Post a Comment