Monday, April 2, 2018

The dome - 3

At last the boring part is ended. All the sanding, filling and painting tasks are done and my droid dome is going to be complete soon!

Here some photo of the dome:

mascalx mascalx mascalx

The color came out good. I like it really much! I also put 3 protective coatings, hoping the dome paint can last longer...

The inside is still empty, no electronics or mechanics for now. The periscope in the last photo is just put on a box inside the dome to make it visible.

Now I need to print and place 4 hinges for the openable top pies (4 of them), the two lift systems and put all of the electronics inside the dome.

Finally I already printed the two bottom rings that will be placed below the dome. They just need to be sanded, filled, painted...

No comments:

Post a Comment