Monday, June 24, 2019

Printing ended!

My R2 unit is not completed yet and it will take several month to the finish line, but finally I reached a milestone: I printed the last piece of this project!
I will probably have to print something else, maybe to replace broken parts or parts that do not fit correctly, but I can leave these parts aside.

Now what I need to do is sanding and filling (and sanding, filling, sanding, filling, ...) to get it smooth enough to be painted.
It's a long process and I do not know how much time it will take. As I wrote, prabably I will need several more months before the real end.

Anyway I am really satified and incredibly happy of the result so far:

mascalx

In this photo it's on two legs, but I think I will put it on 3 legs in the end as it will a bit more stable (and I have already printed the center leg, so why not using it?).

I will post some more photos during the manual work, just to show some progress. After this steps I will concentrate on the electronics and then on the software, but these will be probably steps for the next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment