Saturday, July 13, 2019

Restraining bolt

Just another small gadget I designed for my droid while paused the sanding process due to the hot weather: a restraining bolt.

An easy printing gadget that needs no supports at all and it's also easy to paint.

I saw a lot of printable restraining bolts on Thingiverse, but they are all made in a single piece, so it's not really easy to paint them and so I decided to design my own.

You can also choose between two different collars; one with a Star Wars like text and one just smooth. After printing it needs only a bit of sanding and then you can paint the base and the collar with the colors you prefer.

In the bottom there is a small hole where you can glue a 10x5mm magnet, needed to place this gadget on a droid.

No need to say more I think. Below you can find some photos and the link to the Thingiverse page where you can download the printable parts.

mascalx

No comments:

Post a Comment