Sunday, October 7, 2018

The lift system - 2

Finally I managed to test the lift system with the periscope. I was a bit worried because the periscope is much heavier than the life scanner, so the servo and the gears could not be enough to lift it.

In the video you can see that the lift is working. Not completely stable, but I still have to attach the whole system to the dome. After this I hope ot will be better.


I will probably add something to make the rise of the periscope a bit better. Probably a vertical guide or maybe a counterweight to make it lighter for the system.

You can find the model on thingiverse. The link is on the models page.

2 comments:

  1. how did you attach the servo to the gears?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut a small slot (using a file) in the output shaft, so you can put the gear on and it cannot slip. The shaft is quite small, so just printing a standard geared hole in the main gear caused too many issues...

      Delete