Saturday, February 17, 2018

The logic displays - 1

For the logic displays on the web you can find several solutions, but in the end you just need to use tons of leds. Unfortunately I hate soldering, so I wish to keep it at minimum.

I found a nice (for me) solution.

For the frontal, small displays I will use two small tft displays. These can emulate the classic leds panels of the robot, but they could also be used to show other kind of information or pictures.

I made a test with one display and I liked it quite a lot. Here you can see som photos and a short video of this test:



The final version will have two displays and a smaller controller (I think I will use a Raspberry Pi Zero).

Here you can see the two displays mounted in place inside the frames:


I had to modify the two frames a bit and as usual I will release them soon if you wish to download and use them.

The rear big display is a different thing. It's too big to find a TFT or LCD that can be adapted, so I opted for a really different approach.

As I am not going to really use this back display, I printed the leds color scheme on transparent sheets and then I will light them from the back using a bunch of white leds. The only action I could do will be turning the light on or off, but it will be enough for me.

I will put some photo in the second part when ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment