Sunday, February 18, 2018

The holoprojectors - 1

The holoprojectors are standard features of an Astromech. I kept the original design from mr Baddeley as it's of course perfect for his R2D2 dome design. The frontal one will also move for sure, but I'm still not sure if it's worth for the other two...

The frontal projector will also have another nice feature: a lighting system. Again I'm not sure if I will put the same lighting also in the other two projectors, but this could be done in the future.

This is a short video of the lighing system in action:


On the front I put a lens (actually a cabochon used in costume jewelry). I found a size that fitted almost perfectly and makes the light effects much more interesting.

This is a photo of the board I made:


I designed it so that it can be put in the rear of the holoprojector without interfering with the movements.

I can have three different light modes: white, blue or flickering (actually full white with the blue led flickering). It also has the connections for the two servos needed to move the projector.

This is the scheme of the circuit if you are interested in building one by your own:


No comments:

Post a Comment